UNITED STATES—Military veteran and triple amputee, and Purple Heart Recipient, Brian Kolfage created a GoFundMe page to raise funds for the border wall between Mexico and the U.S. He started the page: “We The People Will Fund The Wall.” The goal is to raise $1 billion, where a total of $12 million has been raised of December 21 by over 199,000 donors.
Kolfage is retired from the United States Air Force. On his second deployment for Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2004, he was injured in a rocket attack at Balad Air base and lost both of his legs and his right hand.
After 11 months of therapy at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, he continued to serve at Davis Air Force Base in Arizona as the base’s security manager. After retiring, Kolfage attended the University of Arizona and now works as an architect.
“As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure the future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society. I have grandparents that immigrated to America legally,” Kolfage wrote on his GoFundMe page.
“How do you know this is not a scam? I’m using my real name, my real information, you can contact me and hold me accountable. People who try to scam you will not be upfront with their information, they will hide and not use their name. I have a public figure Facebook page with a blue check mark issued by facebook that verifies my identity…I have a website BrianKolfage.com where you can verify more about me,” Kolfage added.
Kolfage adds the following on the GoFundMe page:
- How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all the funds will go upon completion. When we get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.
- Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall with this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.
- 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.
- We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.
- If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny. We are working on a time frame to achieve.