Chrystal's Recipe Corner
Glazed Banana Mango Bread
By Chrystal Baker
Nov 6, 2011 - 9:54:36 PM
LOS ANGELES—Banana bread is one of the quintessential desserts that often finds itself on the menu during the winter time. It is sweet, warm and filling, reminding us that a quick bread can quickly satisfy the craving for a healthy dessert and a sweet breakfast treat at the same time. This banana bread includes another fruit in the bread itself and the glaze on top... that is, mango. In the summertime, fresh mango is perfect. For the winter months, flash frozen and thawed mango will also work just fine. Preheat your oven and get ready to snack on one, two or three slices of this quick bread. It may be hard to resist.
Glazed Banana Mango Bread - Serves 10 to 12
1/2 cup almond meal
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large mango, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons whiskey, optional
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup fresh mango
1. Combine the almond pulp or meal, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Pour the sugars, bananas, mangoes, applesauce and oil into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Add the vanilla and whiskey, if using, then mix well.
3. Shake the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure not to overmix.
4. Spray a 9″ x 5″ baking pan with floured baking spray (or rub it with a little butter and dust with flour), then pour in the batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until done, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cool completely.
5. Once cool, place the powdered sugar and mango into a food processor and blend until smooth. Drizzle over the bread, then serve.
© Copyright 2011 by canyon-news.com