I'm a 41 Year-Old Single Man Looking for True Love
Posted by Lily O'Hara on Apr 23, 2004 - 11:38:00 PM
My husband and I have been married for seven years, and I want a divorce. I have a feeling he has been cheating on me, but I don't have any real proof. We have two kids and I would hate to break up our family. I am not happy in this relationship and want out. What should I do?
Dear Unhappily Married:
There is something else that is bothering you. Could it be because the romance has been taken out of your lives? It is so easy after seven years, (The Seven Year Itch), to find that your husband is not as loving as he was at the start of your marriage. I advise you to talk it over with him. Tell him you are not pleased with him; you need someone who will pay attention to your needs and try to play Romeo to your Juliet.
Better yet, before you confront him, try to take a holiday, just you and him. Maybe all you two need is to rediscover your love for each other, and if that doesn't work, then confront him with his inattentiveness and lack of affection.
I really think this marriage can be saved, if you both want to save it.
I am a 41-year-old single man and I am ready to get married. I can't seem to find the one for me. I have never been married and I am getting older. I would like to settle down and have a family. Where are all the good single women hiding?
My Dear Single Man;
You are not old at 41, you are still finding yourself. Many people ask me the same question.
Here are some places where you will find the right woman for you, and the first one will surprise you.
1. Volunteer to help out at a hospital, a church, or a homeless shelter.
2. Some of your fellow workers may know someone with whom you can go on a blind date. Friends generally love matchmaking.
3. Go dancing. Many women go to dance clubs to meet men. But don't go to a topless bar or a bar that only caters to drinkers. You don't need that kind of involvement.
4. Go to a library. You'd be surprised at the number of nice girls who like to read.
5. You could take a cruise; you’ll find lots of young women there, too.
6. Try vacationing in other countries.
7. Take a class at a university. It’s a great place to find romance.