Jun 1, 2003 - 7:32:00 PM
Do Rover a favor, leave him home!
As the warmer weather approaches leave your pets at home while you do your shopping or errands. If you don't, the results could be fatal to your companion animal.
Did you know that:
- The temperature inside a closed car rises rapidly.
- Even when windows and sunroofs are left open there is not enough ventilation to cool the inside of the vehicle adequately.
- Even a short stay in a hot car can cause serious brain damage.
- An animal left in a closed car can die within 6 minutes.
- A dashboard or steering wheel can become hot enough to burn your pet's paws.
- You could receive a citation for animal abuse.
- You could lose your loving companion animal forever.
Information provided by the Humane Society.
© Copyright 2011 by canyon-news.com