Serving Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Beverly Hills. Brentwood, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Topanga, Canyon, Westwood & Hollywood Hills.

Name

E-mail

facebook Canyon News twitter Canyon News

Canyon News

Bel Air News

Beverly Hills News

Brentwood News

Hollywood Hills News

Laurel Canyon News

Los Angeles News

Los Feliz News

Malibu News

Melrose News

Pacific Palisades News

Santa Monica News

Sherman Oaks News

Studio City News

Topanga Canyon News

West Hollywood News

Westwood News

Woodland Hills

Celebrity News

State News

National News

World Headlines

Deaf News

Entertainment

Film

Television

Music

On the Industry

Star Gazing

St. John's Confidential File

Theatrical Musings

Life & Style

Event Listings

Tech Talk

Looking Good For Lots Less

Spirit & Creativity

Miller Time

Books

View from the Hill

NY WEST

Chrystal's Recipe Corner

Career and Life Coaching

Gardening With Tony

Life According To Lenson

Real Estate Realities

Food

Sports

Marathon Running

Keeping It Bruin: A Look Into UCLA Athletics

Baseball

Basketball

Football

Hockey

Pets

Vi's Corner

Pet Tips

Point of View

John Armor

Message to America

Critic At Large... Ruta Lee

Labor Week

Ramblings

10 Degrees Cooler

McConnors corner

Edge of the west

The Physics Wizard

Auto

Kyle's Kars

Travel

Susan Michelle's Compass

Advice

Ask Deanna

Dear Lily

Ask Oona

Features

Dancing with Earthquakes

Archives

Sports Schedules

Traveling Beyond the Canyon

Edge of the West

Law Man

Ask Us

Nathan Tabor

The Angry Economist

Truth Probe

As I See It

Columnists

Truth Conquers

The Live Wire

Notes from Exile

Letters to the Editor

Dog Training by Anthony

Canyon Mews

Speak!

Sponsors

America's Most Wanted Dogs

World Recipes

Vegetarian Lifestyle

Humor

News Briefs

Local News

Books

News

Canyon Fodder

Bad Movie Night

Critical Projection

Ed's on the Town

Fitness Quests

Flashback Films

Stories of the Strange

Gourmet Grandma

He Said/She Said

Home Matters with Yvonne

L.A. Etch-a-Sketch

L.A. Ruminations

McConnor's Corner

Mommy Minute

Musically Speaking

My Back Pages

Publisher's Pages

ResourceINK

Scene and Heard in L.A.

Silly...But Wise!

Sunset Diaries

Table Options

The Paws Cause

TV Stuff

Cartoon of the Week



World Headlines

Over 80 Dead In Syrian University Explosion
Posted by Robert Meyers on Jan 16, 2013 - 2:10:41 PM

_NMSyria_web.jpg
Aftermath of the explosion at a Syrian University on Tuesday, (Credit @NMSyria/Twitter)

SYRIAMore than 83 people lay dead with over 150 more wounded, after an explosion at a Syrian University in Aleppo on Tuesday. The blast occurred at the university dormitory in the northwest sector of the city, according to reports. 

Aleppo, Syria’s largest and most populated city, had been in a relative state of calm for months before the blast.

The university campus is located in Aleppo’s northwest sector of the city, part of the 40% currently under the control of the Assad Regime. Opposition forces control the other 60%.

It is unclear just who is responsible for the attacks.

The Syrian government has blamed the explosion on the Syrian rebel opposition firing rockets at the campus, according to reports from its state-run media outlets. 

Opposition forces say the Assad Regime is responsible for the blast, insisting that the Syrian military carried out air strikes, according to reports released by various agencies and reports from social media.


_nadimhoury_web.jpg
A blast crater left by an attack at a Syrian University Tuesday. (Credit: @nadimhoury/Twitter)

Video recorded during the aftermath of the attack suggests the use of a more powerful arsenal than Syrians rebels currently have in their possession, said an analysis of the situation released by the Associated Press.  

Independent verification of casualties and destruction is extremely difficult. The Assad Regime currently has strict enforcement in place barring most foreign journalists from operating inside the county. The exact extent of the damage and death-toll is unclear.

Since the beginning of Syria’s Civil war, which began during the Arab Spring in 2011, more than 60,000 people have died.



 

Cliffside Malibu

-------------------------

-------------------------

 

MANHATTAN BEACH

Serving Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Beverly Hills. Brentwood, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Topanga, Canyon, Westwood & Hollywood Hills.