Beverly Hills News
Sculptures To Undergo Maintenance Work
By Jennifer Alcaraz
Dec 6, 2012 - 10:01:16 PM
BEVERLY HILLS—On Tuesday, December 4, the Beverly Hills City Council received the updated annual maintenance program for the city’s sculptures. In 2012 the city had a budget of $25,420 to restore its sculptures whereas in 2013 there will only be a budget of $14,890.
Spiral Of Life (by Baile Oakes, 1985)
The city of Beverly Hills owns 18 sculptures which are located all around town. The Fine Art Commission was assigned to decide exactly what sculptures are in most need of being restored. They also need to determine when those improvements will be done.
The sculptures that were rebuilt in 2012 were:
- Playground at Santa Monica Boulevard on North Crescent Drive, (byTony Smith, 2003).
- Hymn of Life: Tulips on Santa Monica Boulevard at North Rodeo Drive, (by Henri Alfred Marie Jacquemart, 1925).
- The Drummer on Santa Monica Boulevard at North Beverly Drive, (by Barry Flanagan, 1989).
- Spiral of Life on North Rexford Drive at Burton Way, (by Baile Oakes, 1985).
- Hunter and Hounds at Santa Monica Boulevard on North Crescent Drive, (by Henri Alfred Marie Jacquemart, 1925).
- Torso on 270 N. Rodeo Drive (by Robert Graham, 2003).
The sculptures to be renovated in 2013 are:
- Sitting Figure on a Short Bench on Santa Monica Boulevard at North Crescent Drive (by Magdalena Abankanowicz, 2000).
- Home on North Rexford Drive at Burton Way (by Charles Arnoldi, 1992)
- Untitled on Sunset Boulevard at North Whittier Drive (by Fletcher Benton).
© Copyright 2011 by canyon-news.com