Los Angeles News
This year police are taking several measures to alleviate the problem, including sending officers in civilian clothing to the liquor store chain, ABC, to make sure that all customers purchasing alcohol are of legal age and not intoxicated at the time of their purchase. The LAPD is also dispersing a plethora of officers as well as coordinating many check-points throughout the L.A area.
Police warn everyone who is taking part in St. Patrick’s Day events to “Drive Sober or you will get Pulled Over."
Here are some suggestions the LAPD has listed to ensure a safe and secure holiday:
· Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin.
· Before drinking, designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home.
· If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation to get home safely.
· If you see a drunk driver on the road, call 911.
· And remember, if you know someone who is about to drive impaired or ride with someone who is impaired, help your friend make other arrangements. If a friend is drunk and wants to drive, don’t let it happen, even if it means taking the keys away.
© Copyright 2011 by canyon-news.com