Serving Bel Air, Benedict
Canyon, Beverly Hills. Brentwood, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Topanga Canyon, West Hollywood, Woodland Hills, Westwood & Hollywood Hills.
Malibu Website Upgrade
Posted by Rosana Clarkson on Jul 19, 2012 - 6:34:17 AM
MALIBU—On July 10, the City of Malibu announced its release of a request
for idea submissions by qualified web groups for the City website's proposed upgrade.
Malibu plans to enhance its site by providing a visually appealing layout that is easily accessible to helpful, informative community sources. The new design will also use current technology to upload photos, videos and audio, as well as enable streaming of the City's Government access television channel from a live feed or archived video.
The written proposal describes the current City website (www.malibucity.org) as "a content management system consisting of new postings, meeting and event calendars and separate sections for posting information and documentation related to the City Council, City Departments, City laws and policies and general information..." and provides access to "online registration for recreational activities and links to view live or archived City Council and Planning Commission meeting footage."
The proposal lists the following features as part of the new design's proposed criteria:
1) Graphic design of a resourceful, informative site
2) Design and coding for the homepage design
3) Beneficial, cost-effective, easy-to-use, interactive and architecturally sound site that is flexible enough to support the City's web needs for a minimum of five years
4) Social networking accessibility and linking; mobile application elements; newsletter support and calendar functionality
5) Design and build of back end system
6) Launch of new website on the City servers
7) Data migration of information from former site
8) Training for staff on the new system
To submit inquiries for clarification, contact Media Information Officer Olivia Damavandi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for clarification need to be sent via email by July 31. Verbal requests will not be accepted.
To submit your proposal, send six printed and bound copies to: Olivia Damavandi, Media Information Officer, City of Malibu, 23825 Stuart Ranch Road, Malibu, CA 90265.
The deadline for all proposals is set for no later than 4:00 p.m. on July 31.
Serving Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Beverly Hills. Brentwood,
Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose,
Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Topanga Canyon, West Hollywood,
Woodland Hills, Westwood & Hollywood Hills.