Health Interactive Coming To Santa Monica
Posted by Melissa Simon on Sep 10, 2013 - 11:32:10 AM
SANTA MONICA—The first Health Interactive is coming to Santa Monica on November 2, where some of the world’s leading health, fitness and technology experts will be on hand to help those in attendance learn how to live a healthier life.
“At a time when over two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese and health is a major national concern, there are more ways than ever to get healthier and more fit,” said Dr. Robin Berzin, executive curator of Health Interactive. “New innovations in mobile apps, wearable computing, food and exercise are being launched every day, each making a healthy lifestyle easier to achieve," she added.
The venue will feature 45,000-square-feet of “health and wellness exhibitions, food, discussions, yoga, fitness classes and more,” according to the release. Those in attendance will learn about new tools and be educated and inspired to quickly and easily launch into their healthier future.
Santa Monica Place Mall. Photo credit: Health Interactive
Attendees can participate in raw food cooking classes, fitness classes with some of America’s top trainers and yogis and a digital dance floor revolution with Bio Beats’ biometric DJ as well as learn from some of the leading industry experts and talk to creators of new technologies in the exhibit hall.
Some of the speakers and events include:
· Joe Cross, filmmaker of “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” and founder of “Reboot with Joe”
· Qualitarian eating with dietitian Ashley Koff
· Useful technologies leading to a healthier America with Dr. Alan Greene
· Why self-tracking is useful for everyone with Bio Beats founder Nadeem Kassam
· Adam Rosante, celebrity fitness trainer and creator of “The People’s Boot Camp” and “WaveShape”
· Shaun Tomson, former world surfing champion and author of “The Code”
· Interactive health Q&A with Dr. John La Puma
The Health Interactive will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the L3 event space on the third floor of the Santa Monica Place Mall at 395 Santa Monica Place. General admission tickets cost $15 and each class costs an additional $15.
For more information on the Health Interactive, including ticket prices, how to register for the classes and a full list of speakers, visit www.health2con.com/hi.