WEST HOLLYWOOD—Actress Ashley Greene, most famously known for her role in the “Twilight” movies, evacuated her West Hollywood apartment on Friday, March 22 after a fire broke out resulting in the death of her fox terrier, Mario. The seven story apartment building,
Towers, located on
1424 Crescent Heights Blvd. went up in flames at approximately 9:30 a.m.
Greene, her brother and boyfriend were sleeping when the fire began and were able to evacuate the building safely. The actress's unit, located on the third floor of the building, and the unit directly above it were the only ones that were forced to evacuate. Greene's boyfriend and brother returned to the apartment in hopes of rescuing Greene's two dogs that remained trapped in the burning home.
Firefighters arrived on the scene at 10:07 a.m., and were able to rescue one of the dogs, but failed in finding the second dog that was hiding underneath Greene's bed. According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, a lit candle which first set fire to the living room couch, was the cause of the blaze that took fifty-five firefighters almost 30 minutes to put out.
Although Greene's boyfriend was not identified, Greene and actor Ryan Phillippe were seen together on the evening of Wednesday, March 20, two days before the fire.
While no injuries have been reported in connection to the fire, Greene's apartment was completely destroyed, and gutted due to the damage. The eighty-four year old apartment building has had several other celebrity residents including Rock Hudson, David Bowie and Mickey Rourke.