WOODLAND HILLS—An accidental fire on Saturday, March 29 injured one person and left two animals dead at a residence.
According to a statement from LAFD Spokesperson Brain Humphrey, firefighters responded to a one-story duplex in flames on
The 37 firefighters who responded were able to put out the fire in 13 minutes, according to Mr. Humphrey, but when they discovered the animals inside, they “proved beyond medical assistance.” The woman suffered from mild smoke inhalation and a burn on her arm, and she was taken to a local hospital in fair condition.
The monetary loss to the property, which did contain working fire alarms, totaled $110,000, but firefighters were able to save part of the property in addition to preventing any direct damage from being dealt to the adjoining home. The cause of the fire was said to be a lit candle that managed to ignite some “flammable furnishings.”
© Copyright 2007 by canyon-news.com