UNITED STATES—How would you rate your personal productivity at the moment? If you save everything for last and experience constant stress, then the exercises for time management will assist you in improving your life. For this purpose, you can create your own schedule for tasks and affairs planning, using a simple table or the format that works for you the best. In case it still doesn’t work for you, we suggest you check out our tips and pick the best planning approach for yourself. Let’s get it started!
How to Handle Your Time Smartly?
- Be sure to make a to-do list and read deadline quotes to follow them strictly.
- Update the to-do list every evening – delete completed tasks, add new ones, move outstanding tasks to another day.
- Prioritize everything you do/ need to do.
- Learn how to distinguish important and urgent assignments from things “nice to do.” Tasks that seem to be critical are not always relevant, whereas urgent staff is not always important.
- Carry a to-do list always with you.
- In case of tasks being “equal,” start with the most difficult ones.
- If it takes less than five minutes to complete the task, do it now; if you need more time, add it on the list.
- Check your email every day at specific times.
- Dedicate some time per day for your full and continuous focus on tasks.
- Before checking your mailbox, complete the most urgent project scheduled for this day.
- Take an inventory of at least a couple of days to know what your time is taking for.
- Turn off personal communications.
- Break the big work into smaller parts; distribute them by importance; allocate specific time for each assignment.
- Leave a small amount of time for tasks, especially for large ones.
- If your every day includes the same routine tasks, try to analyze their implementation and optimize it.
- Assign a specific timeline for each task.
- Create smart cards for all your tasks and use them for prioritization.
- Say no when you can say it.
- Do not overload yourself.
- Encourage yourself to complete tasks within a specific time frame.
- Organize your workplace so as not to waste time searching for some things.
- Combine similar tasks into groups.
- Do not be afraid to jump into projects ahead of time – the earlier you start, the more chances you have to accomplish the task well.
- Always comply with business conditions that will set you up in the right way – lighting, clothing, coffee, etc.
Although some of the tips may seem obvious to you, strict following them will enhance your work and get your time planning better! Do not be afraid to be a multitasker; it is a way easier than you may imagine that.