CHICAGO, IL—Singer R. Kelly turned himself into authorities on Friday, February 22, after being charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Kelly’s bond was set at $1 million.
The 52-year-old is protected inside his own jail cell due to the high profile case, with a custody bond of $100,000, which Kelly has not yet posted.
Chicago Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke Jr., released a statement Saturday, February 23 during the singers court appearance stating, “The allegations against Kelly are disturbing,” and denied him any contact to victims, witness or anyone 18 years of age. Each count against Kelly serves as a 3 to 7 year sentence if found guilty.
Cook County’s State Attorney Kim Foxx said during a press conference, “Kelly’s DNA was found in semen on one victim shirt while DNA of the other accuser has been submitted for testing.”
As more victims come forward in the wake of new allegations, Attorney Michael Avenatti provided prosecutors with a video of Kelly having vaginal, anal, and oral sex with a 14-year-old girl.
“His mission is bringing them justice,” Avenatti told reporters Saturday during the bond hearing.
According to reports, 9 out of 10 alleged incidents involves girls between the ages of 13 and 16 years old.
Last month, Lifetime debuted a documentary series titled “Surviving R. Kelly.” The series highlighted events over the years in his career, among court trials, personal relationships, and the singers alleged involvement with underage girls. The series also chronicled the singer’s relationship with singer Aaliyah whom he married when she was 15.
Kelly has denied all allegations of sexual misconduct against him.