LOS FELIZ—On April 30, two vehicles became damaged by a fire that occurred in a small garage in Los Feliz.
The incident occurred at Lyman Place and La Mirada at around 3:30 a.m. Firefighters fought to prevent the blaze from spreading to an apartment above the garage. The fire was extinguished approximately 12 minutes after it was reported, according to the Los Angeles City Fire Department.
No one was injured during the fire; however, the cause of the fire is not immediately known.
The Los Angeles Fire Department announces that May 8 will hold “Fire Service Recognition Day in Los Angeles, in which members of the Los Angeles Fire Department host an Open House at every Neighborhood Fire Station to welcome visitors of all ages.
The event will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at neighborhood fire stations throughout Los Angeles. Along with personal tours at each station, special displays of equipment, apparatus and procedures will take place on May 8 at the following locations:
1) Hollywood, 1355 North Cahuenga Boulevard, (and Pancake Breakfast)
2) Sherman Oaks, 5101 North Sepulveda Boulvevard
3) Downtown L.A., Olvera Street
4) Pacific Palisades, 15045 Sunset Boulevard
5) San Pedro, Ports O’Call Village
6) Watts, 1801 East Century Boulevard
The LAFD encourages those who are unable to attend the event on May 8 due to religious
observance to attend instead on May 9 from 10:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the following locations:
1) Valley Glen, Fire Station 102
2) Pico/Robertson, Fire Station 58
3) Fairfax District, Fire Station 61