MALIBU—The city of Malibu’s General Fund Grant Program which assists with providing funding to non-profit organizations located in Malibu that help residents of the community is now accepting applications.
The application period for the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 opened on January 29 and will continue to be accepted until Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
All submitted applications will be reviewed by the City Council’s Administration and Finance Subcommittee, and the Subcommittee’s recommendations will be presented to the City Council for award during the annual budget approval in June.
Original applications and all supporting materials must be received at City Hall by the application deadline. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. Applications may be mailed or delivered to: Julie Walker, City of Malibu Administrative Services Department at 23825 Stuart Ranch Road, Malibu, CA 90265.
To be considered for funding, a complete application must be submitted with the following documentation:
- Application including narrative and budget
- Verification and documentation of Internal Revenue Service nonprofit status under Title 26, Section 501 (c)(3) of the Federal Code*
- Most recent financial statement for latest year (audited or compilation)
- Current Board of Directors list
- Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws*
- Organizational Chart
- Brochure, flyer or other promotional material(s)
Additional information about the application process, including the application form, can be found at www.malibucity.org/grant or call the Finance Division at (310) 456-2489.