UNITED STATES—Celebrities: How To Help A Loved One Who Struggles With Anxiety And Depression
Are you tired of seeing your celebrity friends or family members struggle with depression and anxiety and are unable to do anything about it?
It can be heartbreaking to see the ones you care about have their lives spiral out of control and have no way to stop their suffering.
As a result, here is what you can do to help your loved ones and friends with their mental health issues.
1. Learn as much as you can in managing anxiety and depression: There are many books and information that will educate you on how to deal with fear and anxiety. Share this information with the person who is struggling with their mental health.
2. Be understanding and patient with the person struggling with their fears: Dealing with depression and anxiety can be difficult for the person so do not add more problems than what is already there. Do not get into arguments with the person who is having a difficult time with their anxieties. You will only make things worse.
3. Talk to the person instead of talking at them: It is important not to lecture the person who is struggling with anxiety and depression. Talk to the person about their issues without nagging them. Most people will listen if you approach them in a proper manner.
4. Get help: Seek help from a professional who can help your friend or relative with their mental health struggles. A counselor can give you advice and ideas on how to overcome anxiety, fear, and depression. Joining a local mental health support group can also be very helpful.
5. Find out the reasons why the person won’t get help: Address the issues on why your friend or relative will not get the necessary treatment. Many people who are struggling are fearful and frustrated. Find out the reasons why he or she won’t get the help they need and then try to find ways that will overcome their resistance of seeking assistance.
6. Pray: It doesn’t hurt to ask God to help your loved ones with their mental health issues. God works in mysterious ways and He can make a difference in helping the people you care about. Don’t underestimate the power of prayer.
7. Be on the lookout for the answers to one’s mental health issues: Always keep your eyes and ears open for possible solutions to helping your loved ones with their mental health struggles. You never know when the answers your looking for will come to you. A lot of times, the answers to your problems can come from the least likely of places.
Stan Popovich is the author of “A Layman’s Guide to Managing Fear”. For more free and valuable mental health advice for celebrities and others, visit the Article and Blog Section of Stan’s website at http://www.managingfear.com/
Written By Stan Popovich