HOLLYWOOD HILLS—A 25-year-old man accused of stalking reality TV star Kendall Jenner was acquitted on Monday, October 24 of stalking, but convicted of trespassing, according to a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County Superior Court.

Shavaugn McKenzie was arrested outside Jenner’s Hollywood Hills home on August 14, at approximately 9:45 p.m. Jenner, 20, pulled into her 13-foot gated estate and McKenzie followed behind. The model and TV star called 911 and remained inside her vehicle until authorities arrived, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed. The suspect was taken in on suspicion of stalking and held in lieu of a $180,000 bail.

Jenner testified during the trial the she recognized McKenzie from two previous confrontations in Westwood, according to reports.

“I’ve never been so scared in my life,” Jenner told the jury.

In his closing argument, Defense Attorney Taylor Shramo told jurors on Monday, October 20, that his client—Shavaugn McKenzie—had no intent of malice and simply “wanted to talk.” He quoted the defendant as telling an officer at the scene, “Every time I just want to talk to her, something always goes wrong.”

Shramo told the jury that in 2012 McKenzie was diagnosed with “an unspecified psychotic disorder” that he still suffers from today. His claims were backed by psychologist Jasmine Tehrani, who testified that McKenzie never demonstrated any evidence of violent tendencies.

“He doesn’t recognize that his mere presence … is going to cause her concern or is going to startle her,” said Tehrani, who was appointed on behalf of the defense.

In the prosecution’s closing argument, Deputy City Attorney Alex T. Perez contradicted the defense, telling jurors that McKenzie ventured cross-country—from Florida to California to find the defendant and alleging he tracked her whereabouts for 15 months prior to his arrest.

“He can think and plan…and succeed,” said Perez.

McKenzie will face a maximum of 6 months in jail for the misdemeanor trespassing charge. He has remained behind bars since his arrest in August.