UNITED STATES—Valentine’s day isn’t only for couples; we can all celebrate love in our ways. Grab your best friends or settle in for a night of pampering and relaxation.
Love’s a beautiful thing, deserving of the recognition it gets. However, it has a bitter aftertaste if you’re alone during the holidays. Let’s take back the narrative and give ourselves love during Valentine’s Day. Specialists from the best dating website have collected some rather non-standard solutions for this problem.
Love Yourself Today!
The art of loving yourself doesn’t come naturally. It takes years of practice to achieve a healthy level — even at that point, it requires consistent work. Although it’s worth every bit of effort! The media are keen to ensure our self-worth but never tells us how to achieve self-affection.
- Journaling keeps you in check with your emotions. Understanding your body isn’t just a physical thing, but a mental one. Your journal is a bespoke way of you filtering out your emotions, allowing you to assess what you’re feeling. The practice appears juvenile but are the bricks paving the way to success.
- Make time for yourself. An hour a day to yourself is another way to increase your self-love. This could be spent pampering or fulfilling a hobby you’ve always dreamed of starting. There are no set rules, so make it personal and ensure it brings you nothing but happiness.
- Exercise! Keeping active isn’t always synonymous with losing weight. Of course, that can affect it, but keeping active to keep your heart pumping and your stamina up is possible. Do some research into workouts you believe will be suited to your goal.
Host a Singles-Only Dinner Party?
Likely hood is you’ll have some gal pals rocking the singles flag, invite them over! Being single doesn’t mean you must spend Valentine’s Day alone. The food can be anything you want, but we have some ideas if you’re stuck.
- Master of a course. If you’ve got two girlfriends you want to invite over, each of you can take a course each (as the host, you get first dibs). You can prepare your favorite or try something you’ve always wanted to cook. This gives you a chance to try new things and to share your passions.
- Home meals. If you find yourself in a diverse friendship group, then bring worlds together. Each will prepare a classic meal from the country you’re born in and present them to the group. A brilliant way to diversify your palate.
Stay Off Social Media!
If you take any advice from this article, please let it be to stay off social media! The last thing your mental health needs is to be confronted with pictures of couples and sexy women in bikinis. Take the day (or week) to yourself and focus on your body and soul.
A Blind Date is an Unforgettable Emotion.
There’s no denying the excitement felt at the prospect of a blind date, and if you’re ready to find love, then make this your Valentine’s Day plan! With the romance in the air, who knows what sort of connection you’ll form. To find a blind date, we suggest asking your best gal pals to select men from their lives, seeking love. Having a mutual friend makes conversation a slot easier; you have the subject of her as a backup if things get awkward.
Go on a Shopping Spree and Take Advantage of Holiday Sales!
Retail therapy is a form of self-care that we particularly love! Especially this time of year, there’s no need to splash the cash thanks to holiday sales. Stores are getting rid of old stock to make room for new season items. Make the most of this and find some new cute jumpers to keep the spirits high. Don’t forget to do some research before you go out. Check for special discounts, in-store purchases, or coupons to redeem. Being clever about it will ensure a successful shopping spree.
Make some room in the closet, ladies!
Find Someone Online.
The online world has a multitude of singles on offer to you. Whether you want a friend or a lover, online dating sites offer both. Ponder what you want from online arrangements and research dating sites suited to this. Online communities accommodate all wishes nowadays. No matter your desire, there’s a website for you, and we want to guide you. If Valentin’s day is a bitter-tasting one, then act and find someone to spend the next one with!
You now have the tools required to have a successful Valentine’s Day as a single woman. Whether you decide to spend it alone or you want to find your dream partner. Take some time for yourself and ensure you are living the happiest version of your life.