HOLLYWOOD—”The Cosby Show” star Bill Cosby, 78, was arraigned on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 in a Pennslyvania court room for aggravated indecent assault charges that allegedly occurred in 2004.

Following a brief court hearing, Cosby entered a plea and was forced to surrender his passport just before being escorted to Cheltenham Police Station, where he posted a $1 million bail before leaving.

Cosby was accused of drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee turned massage therapist,  Andrea Constand, 42, when she visited him at his Pennslyvania home in 2004. Constand alleges that Cosby “sought to incapacitate,” her according to a CNN news report.

Constand was the first person to come forward regarding a sexual assault charge against the actor and comedian. Charges upheld on Wednesday were the first levied against Cosby since the allegations surfaced by multiple women in 2014 and 2015.

Since the allegations, Camille Cosby, Bill’s wife and business manager, has been ordered to testify against a defamation lawsuit filed by seven women on Wednesday, January 6, 2015, according to an ABC news report,  has not spoken publicly about the allegations.

“The man I met, and fell in love with, and whom I continue to love, is the man you all knew through his work. He is a kind man, a generous man, a funny man, and a wonderful husband, father and friend. He is the man you thought you knew,” Camille Cosby told People magazine. Cosby’s wife was ordered to testify in a deposition, but it has since been postponed.

In a recent tweet, Cosby thanked his supporters and he filed lawsuits against seven women who have accused him of sexual assault, including model Beverly Johnson, according to news reports.

Canyon News reached out to Cheltenham Police Station regarding the incident, but no further informations is available.

Cosby’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for January 14, 2016 and if convicted could face up to 12 years in prison.

Additional allegations that have come forth, claiming that Cosby had allegedly sexually assaulted 2 teenage girls in 2005 and 1968, has been thrown out on January 6, due to lack of evidence and time limits, according to news reports.