EVERYWHERE—Calling all people who know American Sign Language! Whether you’re Deaf, Hard of Hearing, a CODA, a parent of a Deaf child, an interpreter, teacher or student…you’re invited!
If you know ASL in any level or capacity (or want to learn), you’re invited to become a part of the exciting, new online community that welcomes every and all signers, from all parts of globe!
“I know ASL” is a rapidly-growing Facebook group designed to be a community forum and connection between the Deaf and HOH community, and the hearing community who knows ASL. You can post community events, news articles, ASL classes, Deaf/HOH social mixers, promotions for your organization or business, interpreter job listings, etc. You can also use this space to post questions or comments related to learning ASL or the ASL community.
The group is free and open to the public: anyone can join! Here’s how:
1. Simply log on to your Facebook account
2. Click this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IKnowASL/
OR type in “I know ASL” in the search bar like this:
3. You should see this page. Click the either the gray or green box that says “Join Group” (circled below):
4. A group administrator will approve you right away. Once you are approved, the top of the page will look like this:
5. YOU’RE IN! Make sure you add or invite new friends via email to join as well. Share the news with all of your friends, family members, and local ASL community members!