SANTA MONICA—On Thursday, May 19 the city of Santa Monica launched its multi-month marketing program GoSaMo. The marketing campaign’s goal is to educate, equip, and excite people about the new transportation opportunities that are becoming available in the city.
“It was our goal to make integration between our existing transportation networks seamless with the arrival of Expo,” said Mayor Tony Vazquez. “To really address mobility, it had to be about so much more than Expo. We want to make Santa Monica the leading example of pedestrian and transit-oriented lifestyles in Southern California.”
The GoSaMo program communicates and raises awareness about the new Santa Monica transportation opportunities. These new options include three Expo Light Rail stations, six new Big Blue Bus routes on top of its seven Rapid Bus lines, 75 Breeze Bike Share stations, 107 miles of bikeways, 12 new all-way crosswalks, new Zipcar additions, and the Colorado Esplanade opening on June 5 in accordance with the city’s first open streets event, Coast.
Residents in Santa Monica can expect to see the GoSaMo campaign over the coming weeks digitally, at events, and in outdoor advertising. The GoSaMo name is a simple and fun way of engaging the public and the logo connects the beautiful ocean views that Santa Monica offers with the variety of colors of the various transportation networks.
Santa Monica is working with a company called GOOD – a global media company and creative studio – on the strategy for the brand and the methods of the campaign which will include event activations, paid advertising, social media, influencer engagement, public relations, and business outreach.
Some of the Events and Offers that will be taking place are listed below:
- The city will host Station Celebrations on Saturday, May 21, presented by Metro, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The city will host an open streets event called Coast, presented by Metro – on Sunday, June 5 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. where information about trying new transit options and tools to get started will be shared with attendees.
- Big Blue Bus is offering a “buy one, get one free” offer on new passes or existing TAP cards matching up to $20 starting May 13.
- Enjoy free fares opening weekend on Big Blue Bus, May 20; Expo, May 20-21; Breeze Bike Share, May 19-21.
- Three designer TAP Cards by Santa Monica artists are available at select Santa Monica locations.
Santa Monica created an online hub where consumers can find all the resources needed to prepare them to ride the new transportation systems. The online hub can be found at www.smgov.net/gosamo.