SANTA MONICA—The city of Santa Monica’s Annual Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 1 at Virginia Avenue Park, according to a press release from the city of Santa Monica. The event will take place from 3 to 7 p.m. and will have dancing, music, and activities hosted by a variety of local community organizations.
Music will be performed by the Brotherhood Band and the Santa Monica Youth Orchestra, and DJ Rick will be teaching line dance lessons. Some of the other fall games and activities that will be found at the festival include the traditional hay bale maze, scarecrow making, family pumpkin decorating and a Halloween costume swap.
The Santa Monica Police Department will be leading the fall games. Some other community organizations that will be involved in the Annual Fall Festival include the Santa Monica College, the Santa Monica Bike Center, and the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market. The following activities will take place from 3 to 6 p.m.:
- Pumpkin Carving, provided by Santa Monica Farmers Market and Parent Connection Group
- Hay Bale Maze
- Fall Games Area with Santa Monica Police Department
- Santa Monica College Glass Pumpkin Sale
- Bike Rodeo with SM Bike Center, SM Spoke, & Transportation Planning Division
- No Flame Campfire Storytelling Teepees, Santa Monica Public Library
- Scarecrow Making with reDiscover Center
- Harvest Corn Drawing with Pastel by KidZone artist in residence, Deborah Reilly
- Dia de los Muertos Picture Frames presented by Familias Latinas Unidas
- Trick or Treat Bag Decorating sponsored by Pico Improvement Organization
- Haunted House Booth, by VAP Teen Leadership
- Costume Swap presented by Resource, Recovery and Recycling and SMPL, Annex
The stage schedule for the Annual Fall Festival is:
- 3:00 – 3:10 pm Event Opening
- 3:10 – 3:40 pm Santa Monica Youth Orchestra—Jazz Ensemble
- 3:40 – 3:50 pm Welcome and Opening Remarks—Virginia Avenue Park Advisory Board
- 4:00 – 4:50 pm Brotherhood Band
- 5:00 – 5:50 pm Line Dance Lessons with DJ Rick
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Jumbo Shrimp Circus
Canyon News emailed Constance Farrell, Public Information Coordinator for the city of Santa Monica, and is awaiting a reply.
Virginia Avenue Park is located at 2201 Pico Boulevard. Walking and biking to the event are encouraged. The park is served by Big Blue Bus Line 7. Limited parking will be available at the Venice Family Clinic located at 2509 Pico Boulevard. Virginia Avenue Park is also wheelchair accessible and anyone with special accommodations can call(310) 458-8688 or TTY at (310) 917-6625.