SANTA MONICA—On August 8, the Santa Monica Police Department executed a minor decoy operation at 20 alcohol retail locations in the Wilshire, Lincoln and Ocean Park Boulevard corridors. With assistance from members of the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control, the operation enlisted supervised individuals under the age of 20 to attempt to purchase alcohol at licensed liquor stores.
Of the 20 alcohol retail establishments, all locations lawfully denied alcohol purchases to the supervised underaged individual. In a statement, the city of Santa Monica acknowledged that they believe the minor decoy program to be an “effective tool in promoting responsible practices in the sales of alcoholic beverages by licensees, reducing substance abuse and enhancing community welfare by limiting underage access to alcohol.”
The following locations engaged in the responsible sale of alcohol:
- Michael’s Liquor 2401 Wilshire Blvd.
- Bristol Farms 3105 Wilshire Blvd.
- BevMo 3202 Wilshire Blvd.
- Walgreen’s 1931 Wilshire Blvd.
- Rite Aid 1808 Wilshire Blvd.
- Rite Aid 1331 Wilshire Blvd.
- Vons 1311 Wilshire Blvd.
- Santa Monica Liquor 1001 Wilshire Blvd.
- Broadway Wine & Spirits 1011 Broadway
- Vons 710 Broadway
- Marine Market 672 Marine St.
- Gelson’s Market 2617 Lincoln Blvd.
- Bob’s Market 1650 Ocean Park Blvd.
- OP Market 2305 Ocean Park Blvd.
- Signature Wine & Spirits 2717 Ocean Park Blvd.
- Rite Aid 2412 Pico Blvd.
- Sunset Plaza Liquor 2602 Pico Blvd.
- Ralph’s Market 1644 Cloverfield Blvd.
- CVS 2505 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Main Street Market 2916 Main St.