BEVERLY HILLS—My name is “Maggie”, and I’m a young one – just a little over a year old.  I was given up because of “no pets allowed”.  Now, who could give me up because of that reason?  And, who could object to a little “ten pounder” like me? I have no bad habits that I can think of.  I’m not a barker – so I don’t make any noise –  I’m not a digger or chewer, I have no separation anxiety, I get along with other dogs, and I’m sure that cats would be no problem at all, because I’m very easy going – and I’m housetrained, too!  What more could someone want? By the way, I’ve been told that I have very expressive eyes and very pretty markings.  What do you think?
I may be a little shy when I first meet you, so I don’t want you to get the wrong idea and think that I don’t like you.  It just takes me a little while to, as they say, “warm up” to you.  But, once I do, you’ll see what a snuggler and lover I am! I do so want to belong to someone, again. There must be someone that will love me forever this time.  So, won’t you call to see me?  Please!!

 Note:  Another warning about Xylitol, the sugar substitute used in some sugar-free gum, candy, baked goods, toothpaste and mouthwash.  Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs. There have been no studies, yet, that show that Xylitol is toxic to cats, probably because they are not attracted to sweets. However, it is known to be toxic to ferrets.

 The U.S. Poison Control Center reported that the number of dogs poisoned by Xylitol is up 142% since 2005, and just 3 grams can kill a 65 pound dog. When a dog ingests Xylitol it causes them to release a massive amount of insulin which causes blood sugar to drop dramatically. Some of the common signs are vomiting, weakness, seizures, coma, and liver failure. So, be sure to read the labels on anything sugar-free that you might have, and if they contain Xylitol be sure to keep them out of the reach of your dog, and don’t give them even a taste of one of those cookies that you might be eating. If you keep gum in your purse, keep that purse out of their reach, too.  If you think that your dog has ingested anything containing Xylitol, be sure to take it to the veterinarian immediately!! That goes for any type of pet that you have. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

 Don’t forget to call to see sweet, little Maggie!  Also, you can check our website at: to see all of our many wonderful dogs and cats that would love to belong to a family that they could call their very own.

 FRIENDS OF ANIMALS 310-479-5089