HOLLYWOOD—This has been a very stressful election for everyone. The tone has gotten very ugly in ways that are painful and difficult to watch. The stress appears powerful among Democrats, Republicans, men, women, younger and older people. At least we can all agree on this: We’re very stressed out about this election. God forbid, if you voice your opinion on Facebook, you will have conflicted comments, and it gets pretty ugly.
If the 24-hour news cycle and counterclaims from the candidates is causing you even more stress, limit your media consumption. Read just enough to stay informed, and stay away from pointless arguments, especially from people who really know nothing from politics. Whatever happens on November 8, life will still go on.
One thing is for sure be careful about taking election voting selfies. I know there are a lot of people who love to take selfies, however, some states don’t allow photos in voting booths. It is legal to take a photo in about 20 states and the District of Columbia. Actor and pop star Justin Timberlake has been spared a brush with the law after a picture he posted of himself voting caught the attention of Tennessee authorities. The actor uploaded a picture of himself on Instagram casting a ballot in Memphis.
It became illegal to take photos inside polling locations in Tennessee in 2015. Timberlake flew from Los Angeles to his hometown of Memphis to cast an early ballot ahead of the November 8 election. Timberlake is one of a few million voters who have cast early ballots in a number of states. In his Instagram caption, the entertainer wrote to his 37 million followers: “No excuses, my good people! There could be early voting in your town too. If not, November 8th! Choose to have a voice! If you don’t, then we can’t hear you! Get out and vote!”
The singer also took a few moments outside the polling booth to snap some selfies with his fans. Justin Timberlake’s animated movie “Trolls,” is already a huge success. The film premieres on November 4.
No need for violence, folks. Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star has been smashed to pieces with a sledgehammer. A man in a high visibility jacket and helmet was videoed destroying it on October 26.
Reporters claim the man said he wanted to auction the star off, to raise funds for the women who have accused Mr. Trump of allegedly sexually assaulting them. The US presidential candidate denies all the allegations against him. The former Apprentice presenter received the star in 2007. It’s not the first time it’s been vandalized. It has previously been surrounded by a miniature wall in protest of his plan to build a wall between the US and Mexico. People have also painted graffiti on it. Despite the damage done, the star is unlikely to be removed. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce is in charge of the sidewalk. They told the LA Times: “Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk.”
The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed they are investigating the vandalism. In California, being found guilty on such a charge can result in up to 3 years in jail and a fine of $10,000 or more if the damage is over $400. According to published reports, the star was more than $2,500. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce said on Wednesday that a repair crew has started working on repairing the star, however, it could take several days to complete the job. During that time Trump’s smashed star will be covered. With less than 2 weeks Mr. Trump continues to fight for the presidency, to make America great again.
British actor Hugh Laurie was honored on October 25 with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The actor said, “he had lived a life of extraordinary good fortune.” Laurie made his name in the US for his award-winning lead role in the medical drama House between 2004 and 2012. Laurie joins fellow Brits, Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, Sir Ridley Scott and Dame Helen Mirren. His star is number 2,593 on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Rose’s Scoop: Beyonce’s backup dancer has been found safe. Shirlene Quigley who has danced for other pop stars is safe and at a medical facility at a disclosed location. Her father who lives in Burbank is traveling to New Jersey to reunite with his daughter.