SANTA MONICA—On Monday, May 11, the City of Santa Monica published a list of “18 (and counting)” brick-and-mortar and online stores to buy face masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The shops are:
- Salon Tru at 614 Santa Monica Blvd. (masks, hand sanitizer, gloves)
– Contact: (310) 528-0147 or email@example.com
- Acology Shop at 1414 Wilshire Blvd. (masks, hand sanitizer, gloves)
– Contact: (310) 260-9633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eddie’s Liquor at 2045 20th St. (masks)
– Contact: (424) 387-8599 or email@example.com
- Montalvo at 1628 Montana Ave. (masks)
- Santa Monica Plastics (masks)
– Contact: (310) 403-2849
- All Vegan Organic 306 Pico Blvd. (masks)
– Contact: (424) 387-8211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surf Liquor at 2522 Main St. (unspecified)
– Contact: (310) 399-5462 or email@example.com
- Inspirational Affirmation Apparel (masks)
– Contact: (949) 667-3246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ten Women Gallery (masks)
– Contact: email@example.com
- Rozes Beauty (masks)
– Contact: (949) 735-2756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vital Hemp (unspecified)
– Contact: (310) 9623651 or email@example.com
- Jackapotamus (masks)
- Avocado Mattress (masks)
Note that although the official release claims that there are “18” places listed, only 13 could be found.
Entrepreneurs with Santa Monica business licenses are invited to join the list of retailers. They are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the items for sale and their cost, how to purchase the products, and the business name with contact information.
Only curbside pickup is allowed for in-person purchasing.
A tip from the City regarding buying items is to “email or call ahead to confirm availability and pricing. For many retailers (above), selling PPE has not been their usual focus. Please stay kind and patient during your inquiries!” The City also suggests following @BUYLOCALSM on Twitter.
The official announcement can be viewed here.