PACIFIC PALISADES—According to Patch.com, Pacific Palisades Charter High School was ranked one of the top schools in the nation by Newsweek recently.
Newsweek released its annual list Thursday, August 11 of the top public high schools in America for 2016. According to Newsweek, Palisades Charter High School ranks 23rd in the state and 164th in the nation. The list ranks 6,477 of the nation’s public high schools based on a combination of test scores, graduation and college enrollment ratios, advanced placement courses and staffing ratios.
“Some factors are more important, especially since our rankings focus on college readiness,” said Jim Impoco, editor-in-chief of Newsweek. “We place emphasis on criteria like college enrollment and graduation rate since we know that those are some of the biggest indicators of whether students are prepared for college.”
Here are some of the top schools according to Newsweek:
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Virginia)
- Academy for Math, Science, and Engineering (New Jersey)
- Whitney Gretchen High (California)
- Northside College Preparatory High School (Illinois)
- Lynbrook High School (California)